It may be tempting to devour all of the news you can about the pandemic. I strongly discourage that. Updates are necessary in order to know how to go about our day to day activities. Checking valid news outlets/websites will accomplish this. From there, it's important to go about "normal" daily activities. I can hear you now, "yeah right, how do you do that and be "safe at home," as ordered?
It doesn't take a lot to develop a new normal:
- Drink plenty of water. I read that we should avoid ice and drink either room temperature and gargle with hot water, every day.
- Eat healthy, balanced meals. Good nutrition will help build the immune system.
- Get physical - no, you don't need a gym membership - a walk in your neighborhood will suffice, stream from a yoga app or get out those old exercise DVDs.
- Take on projects that will stimulate your mind and distract you from the news!
- Read a book
- Clean/organize the linen closet
- Shred old paperwork
- Work on a scrapbook
- Read a book
- Talk to your children and encourage them to join you in activities.
- Have them help with meals. This is a great time to teach them how to prepare balanced meals and healthy snacks.
- Have them read to you and each other. The older children can help their younger siblings.
- Work on puzzles together, do artwork, play music and dance!
- Break out the board games or play a card game, Uno!
This is a time when we have to pull to the core and allow what's inside to carry us through - positivity! We're discouraged from group gatherings but call and check on someone you haven't heard from. Use Facetime or Skype to connect with loved ones.
Do all of this and then wash your hands :-)!
What are you doing to spread positivity? Share your tips so we can encourage each other. Peace and Love!