Learn how to maintain your own Sisterlocks.
Once your Sisterlocks have matured to a certain point, and your Consultant gives you the OK, you may enroll in an official Sisterlocks Retightening Course.
instructs individuals how to maintain their own hair.
Note: FOR PRACTICING PURPOSES, PLEASE DO NOT RE-TIGHTEN A SMALL SECTION OF YOUR HAIR IN THE CROWN OR SIDE AREAS FOR 3-4 WEEKS PRIOR TO THIS CLASS.
Requirements for taking a Retightening Class:
- Must have Sisterlocks and no other hair locking system.
- Must provide Consultant's name (for verification)
- Must know locking pattern (Consultant can provide this.)
- Hair must be clean (within 48 hours of class.)
- Locks must be settled-in and no longer slipping. (minimum is 6 months)
- Must have at least 10 locks that need retightening. (Crown, front and/or side areas)
- Locks must be separated and not matted.
Pricing and Refunds
The cost is $250 (NOTE: NYC and Overseas price may vary). LAST DAY TO MAKE PAYMENT IS THE MONDAY BEFORE THE CLASS. Please make sure you meet ALL requirements before you enroll! This class is fully refundable up to 3 days before the class day. Non-attendance is NOT a valid reason for a refund.
OUR POLICY ON TOOL PURCHASES:
Only ACTIVE Consultants and Trainees will be able to purchase our Hook Tool. Retightening Class students will receive the Clip Tool ONLY. (Dr. C)